I lead the Sales Engineering and Professional Services teams at GitHub as the VP of Field Services. This diversely skilled department includes Inside and Field Sales Engineering, Services Engineering, Implementation Consulting, and Training teams. It's a privilege to apply my passion for open source, experience in enterprise software development, and ideas for the future of distributed collaboration alongside my amazingly talented colleagues.
Formal Speaking Bio
Conferences often ask for a third person biography and I've found that making it available here is a convenient way to share it.
Long Form Bio
Matthew J. McCullough, VP of Field Services for GitHub, leads pre and post-sale technical teams, is an energetic 20 year veteran of enterprise software development, world-traveling open source educator, and co-founder of a software consultancy. All of these activities provide avenues to share success stories of leveraging Git and GitHub for greater collaboration amongst software development teams.
Matthew is a co-author to the Version Control with Git, Building and Testing with Gradle and Jenkins: The Definitive Guide O’Reilly books and creator of the Git Master Class series for O’Reilly. Matthew regularly spoke on the No Fluff Just Stuff conference tour, is the author of the DZone Git RefCard, and was founder and a past President of the Denver Open Source Users Group.
Short Form Bio
Matthew is the VP of Field Services and leads the pre and post-sale technical teams at GitHub. As a team, we facilitate customer deployments of GitHub Enterprise at scale.
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC) transformation (Many clients on the Fortune 500 list)
- Open source software development (Apache, CodeHaus, SpringSource, Java Community Process, GitHub)
- Agile software team leadership (1 Billion USD market cap firms)
- SaaS software and services sales operations and process design (Web-scale billing systems)
- Web application development strategy (Media, banks, billing and satellites)
- Open source conference chairmanship (OSCON, NJFS)
Software has been my passion since the third grade. I've been seeking and living challenging development experiences ever since. Some highlights include:
- Receiving $1000 in Apple equipment for describing the societal uses of computers at age 9
- Programming games in Apple EDASM and APW
- Winning two Microsoft Sitebuilder awards at age 16
- Graduating with a degree in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics with a 4.0 GPA
- Presenting for 4 years at the invitation of the NFJS conference series
- Keynote presenter at JiveWorld 2014
- Awarded JavaOne 2014 Rock Star title
- Program committee member, then co-chair of OSCON, contributing to 5 years of attendance and revenue growth
- Founding member of the GitHub Training Team
Feel free to chat with me about implementations of the GitHub platform, conference keynotes on collaboration at scale, talks on the future of software development, or new rock climbing adventures. Email email@example.com or Tweet @matthewmccull.
This site's design was inspired by the Incorporated Jekyll theme.