Hi. I lead and serve Google as the VP of Product Management, Android Developer. This multi-faceted org includes Product Management, Research, UX Design, Community, and Developer Relations teams. It's a privilege to apply my passion for the developer commumity, love of open source, experience in enterprise software development, and ideas for the future of distributed collaboration alongside my talented colleagues.
Formal Speaking Bio
Conferences often ask for a third person biography and I've found that making it available here is a convenient way to share it.
Long Form Bio
Matthew J. McCullough is VP of Product Management, Android Developer for Google, and leads Product Management, Research, UX Design, Community, and Developer Relations teams. He held the role of SVP of Product at GitHub, is an energetic 20 year veteran of enterprise software development, world-traveling open source educator, and co-founder of a software consultancy. All of these activities provide avenues to share success stories of improving developer experiences for greater collaboration amongst software teams.
Matthew is a co-author to the Version Control with Git, Building and Testing with Gradle and Jenkins: The Definitive Guide O’Reilly books and creator of the Git Master Class series for O’Reilly. Matthew regularly spoke on the No Fluff Just Stuff conference tour, is the author of the DZone Git RefCard, and was founder and a past President of the Denver Open Source Users Group.
Short Form Bio
Matthew is the VP of Product Management, Android Developer at Google and leads teams that shape mobile application dev experiences. As an organization, we facilitate the creation of languages, tools, extensions, libraries, presentations, video training, and documentation that makes the experiences of Android developers more joyful and productive.
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC) moderniation and transformation (Several Fortune 500 clients)
- Open source software development (Apache, CodeHaus, SpringSource, Java Community Process, GitHub)
- Agile software team leadership (1 Billion USD market cap firms)
- SaaS software and services sales operations and process design (Web-scale billing systems)
- Web application development strategy (Media, banks, billing and satellite industries)
- Open source conference chairmanship and keynoting (OSCON, NJFS)
Software has been my passion since the third grade. I've been seeking and exploring challenging development experiences ever since. Some highlights include:
- Receiving $1000 in Apple equipment for describing the societal uses of computers at age 9
- Programming games in Apple EDASM and APW
- Winning two Microsoft Sitebuilder awards in my teens
- Earning a degree in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics with a 4.0 GPA
- Presenting for 4 years at the invitation of the NFJS conference series
- Keynote presenter at JiveWorld 2014
- Awarded JavaOne 2014 Rock Star title
- Program committee member, then co-chair of OSCON, contributing to 5 years of attendance and revenue growth
- Founding member of the GitHub Training Team
Feel free to chat with me about how we can keep making Android better for developers, world wide, history of GitHub the company or platform, conference keynotes on collaboration at scale, talks on the future of software development, or new rock climbing adventures. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet @matthewmccull.
- Download Matthew’s monochrome large head-shot here.
- Download Matthew’s monochrome medium head-shot here.
This site's design was inspired by the Incorporated Jekyll theme.